Fuel pump pressure

Here you'll find Q&A about your car. Feel free to participate.

Moderatoren: Der Ralf, karman911

Antworten
Shalva
Frischfleisch

Fuel pump pressure

Beitrag von Shalva » Freitag 8. Oktober 2010, 21:41

Hello everybody

Does anyone know how many atmospheres should properly functioning fuel pump build up (generate)? on Opel Frontera A Sport, 1994, engine 2.0

The one fitted on my car generates 2 atmpspeheres and I've been told that the proper value is 6 atmospheres, is that thrue?

Brief description of the problem:

The engine started to stall each time I step on foot-throttle, but if the transmission is in a neutral position (idling) engine runs normally. If I turn the engine off for a while and than start it again, it works properly for some time and than starts stalling again. How do you think, what it might be?

I would appreciate any ideas.

marienthaler
Überrollkäfigtester

AW: Fuel pump pressure

Beitrag von marienthaler » Samstag 9. Oktober 2010, 08:10

Hi:
Fuel Pressure must have 3,2bar (320kPa)

your Fuel Pump must have more Pressure....(3,5Atm...350kPa)

and 2 Atm is not enough....

PS: sorry for my bad English

Shalva
Frischfleisch

Re: AW: Fuel pump pressure

Beitrag von Shalva » Samstag 9. Oktober 2010, 16:32

marienthaler hat geschrieben:Hi:
Fuel Pressure must have 3,2bar (320kPa)

your Fuel Pump must have more Pressure....(3,5Atm...350kPa)

and 2 Atm is not enough....

PS: sorry for my bad English

Thank you for your quick respond marienthaler

I wonder, perhaps the slow pressure of a fuel pump could be caused by malfunction of fuel pump relay or by clogged fuel filter? I tend more towards the former, because from time to time the vehicle runs normally, particularly after a little break, when I start the engine again.

I have decided to change fuel filter in the beginning, but I don't know how to check the relay :(

The only reason why I'm trying to figure out the problem myself, is that none of the mechanics and electricians in several garages I consulted with, here in my city, haven't shared the same opinion concerning this problem.
To be honest I'm reluctant to change the fuel pump, because the new one available here (and not only fuel pumps) are mostly of suspicious quality ( I know for sure from my previous experience :wah: ) produced either in Turkey or in China :(

so if you/anyone can clue me up how to check a fuel pump relay, I would appreciate it.

P.S. there's no need to be sorry for your English, I got your answers perfectly, so thank you again for your time :D

I'm not a Shakespeare myself too:funny:

marienthaler
Überrollkäfigtester

AW: Fuel pump pressure

Beitrag von marienthaler » Samstag 9. Oktober 2010, 21:57

actually, the fuel pump ...... produce more than 200kPa

the pump was replaced?
could be the relay, or a clogged fuel filter may be.

the fuel pump relay is with you in the front left headlight before the engine compartment.
It breaks down often, and not too expensive.

change it ...

Antworten