Check engine light flashing

Here you'll find Q&A about your car. Feel free to participate.

Moderatoren: Der Ralf, karman911

Antworten
CurrelGo
Frischfleisch

Check engine light flashing

Beitrag von CurrelGo » Freitag 27. Juli 2012, 10:43

Yesterday I was driving around town and my oil check light came on.I started it back up and after about a minute the light went off. Oil level is at full. Today on the way to work the light comes on again!!I want to purchase a diagnostic scanner to poke around and do some home diagnose/tweaks/repairs on my Opel ASTRA. Yestoday I found the GM tech2 scanner at Uobd2, but I wanna a cheap one, are there any other devicces like the tech2 that is more affordable?

Frontmann
Überrollkäfigtester
Fahrzeug: meins

AW: Check engine light flashing

Beitrag von Frontmann » Freitag 27. Juli 2012, 11:49

To answer to your question may be, you should designate the model year and engine code.
It is also important to know that not using a scan tool check the oil pressure can be checked.

You should first check whether an electrical short circuit on the cable of the oil pressure switch to mass. If this is not the case, the oil pressure should be tested with an oil pressure gauge.

Possible reasons for lack of oil pressure can be a clogged filter in the suction pipe into the oil pan, or a defect in the pressure control valve.
Bild

CurrelGo
Frischfleisch

Re: AW: Check engine light flashing

Beitrag von CurrelGo » Montag 30. Juli 2012, 11:31

Frontmann hat geschrieben:To answer to your question may be, you should designate the model year and engine code.
It is also important to know that not using a scan tool check the oil pressure can be checked.

You should first check whether an electrical short circuit on the cable of the oil pressure switch to mass. If this is not the case, the oil pressure should be tested with an oil pressure gauge.

Possible reasons for lack of oil pressure can be a clogged filter in the suction pipe into the oil pan, or a defect in the pressure control valve.

i bought that Tech2 finally at UOBD2
a good tool
http://www.uobd2.com/wholesale/gm-tech2 ... anner.html

maybe i should check out your reply first
anyway
problem solved

Antworten