Questions from Russian Fronti owners

Here you'll find Q&A about your car. Feel free to participate.

Moderatoren: Der Ralf, karman911

Antworten
LesoPatam
Frischfleisch

Questions from Russian Fronti owners

Beitrag von LesoPatam » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 11:35

Hi, Lady & Gentlemen!

My name is Alexey, I am from Moscow, Russia, own Frontera B Limited 2.2 (Y22SE). I am a member of russian isuzu-opel club (http://forum.4x4club.ru/) , but it is such a fantastic opportunity to ask German Fronti owners questions in English! :) I can read and understand German, but unfortunately almost can't speak. So, please, feel free to write in German: that will be good practice for me.

Well, I want to ask the following things. That may sound funny but nevertheless I will ask. :wink:

1. In Russia they say that it is prohibited by German law to repair cars if you do not have special license for that. It means that every technical problem should be solved by specialized dealers or service centers only. And the car owner in Germany may just fill fuel tank and something like that. Is it true for certain extent? And is it possible in German to buy spare parts in a retail store (in order to install them on your own risk)?

2. We believe that German people liked diesel engines recently and most of Fronties B had diesels because of this tend. It seems so (all Fronties in Russia came from Germany and Switzerland and most of them with diesel). But Fronti diesels have a lot of problems and nobody in Russia consider them to be reliable engines. Do you think it is so because of Russian low-quality fuel and low competency in diesel maintainance? Do Fronti's diesels work well in Europe? Or do they also experience more problems then petrol Fronti's engines?

3. We believe also that Germany is "the country of Autobahns" and there is almost no off-road. That is why real off-road cars got not popular and most of manufacturers now produces something like Antara, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4, etc. (we call them "PARQUETers"). Who buys real off-roaders in Germany now and for what purposes?

4. Technical question. What about oil change in axles? There are no holes to drain worked-out oil. We use medical syringe with hose to pump out it. Certainly, some worked-out oil is always left inside... Do you know the right way to change oil in axles?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Alexey

Range-Rider
Überrollkäfigtester
Fahrzeug: Ford Ranger 3.2 Automatik, ExtraCab
AW: Questions from Russian Fronti owners

Beitrag von Range-Rider » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 12:04

Hallo Alexey! :)

wenn ich deine Probleme richtig verstanden habe hier die Antwort, wie gewünscht auf Deutsch!

Zu. 1)

Jeder kann in Deutschland Teile kaufen und diese auch selbst einbauen! Nur wenn Du das für andere
Leute machst brauchst Du einen Gewerbeschein und einen gelernten Kraftfahrzeug-Meister in der
Werkstatt der die Arbeiten sozusagen überwacht! Wenn man das Werkzeug hat und sich die Arbeit
zutraut kann und darf man es prinzipiell selbst machen!

Zu 2)

Die Dieselmotoren der Opel Fronteras sind nicht schlecht! Sie haben aber ebenso wie man es bei
jeder Automarke findet ihre Schwächen! Vielleicht ist auch wie bereits von Dir vermutet der
minderwertige Kraftstoff bei euch mit für die Probleme verantwortlich! Die Dieselmotoren arbeiten
hier ganz gut und größtenteils zuverlässig!

Zu 3)

Deutschland ist ein Land der Autobahnen, da hast Du recht! Das ist bestimmt auch ein Grund warum
keine echten Geländewagen mehr gebaut werden, sonder nur noch SUV´s! Die meisten Leute die in
Deutschland einen Geländewagen kaufen fahren damit nur Straße und ziehen Anhänger! Die Leute
die wirklich im Gelände fahren findest Du in solchen Foren wie diesem hier! Leider gibt es nur wenige
Fahrgelände in Deutschland und das Offroad-Fahren ist in Deutschland offiziell verboten! Hier bietet
Euer Land bestimmt viel mehr Möglichkeiten!

Zu 4)

Ich nehme an Du meinst das Öl in den Achsen? Das Differential der Achse hat eine Ölablassschraube
und eine um den Füllstand zu prüfen, absaugen muß man es nicht! Außer bei Euch ist es zu kalt, was
ich mir aber nicht vorstellen kann!
In die Achsen gehört ein SAE90 Hypoidöl! Hinten 2,4Liter, wenn Du eine Sperre hast nur 1,9Liter!
Vorne 1,7Liter, beim Frontera Sport nur 0,9Liter!

Ich hoffe ich konnte Dir helfen, ich werde trotzdem die Mail noch ins Englische übersetzen! :)
Ciao, Sonny

Hello Alexey, :)

if I understood your problems correctly here the answer!

To. 1)

Everyone can buy into Germany parts and build these also! Only if you make for other people need you a trading licence and a learned motor vehicle master in the workshop that supervises the work as it were! If one the tool has and the work thinks itself capable of can and may one it in principle make!

To 2) The diesel engines of the OPELS do not front-race are bad! They have however just like one it with each automark find their weaknesses! Perhaps like already from you also assumes the inferior fuel is with you also for the problems responsible! The diesel engines work here completely well and to a large extent reliably!

To 3) Germany is a country of the motorways, there is right you! That is certainly also a reason why no genuine jeeps is more built, separates only SUV's! Most people in Germany the jeep buy drive thereby only road and pull trailers! The people those really in the area drive find you into such forums like to this here! Unfortunately there are only few driving areas to Germany and Offroad driving is officially forbidden in Germany! Here offers your country determines many more possibilities!

To 4) I take on you mean the oil in the axles? The differential of the axle does not have to examine, suck an oil drain plug off and a one around the level must one it! Except with you it is too cold, which I cannot introduce myself however! Into the axles a SAE90 Hypoidoel belongs! In the back 2,4Liter, if you have a barrier only 1,9Liter! In front 1,7Liter, with the Frontera sport only 0,9Liter!

I hope I could you help! :)
Ciao, Sonny
Bild

I don't know where i'm going...
But i'm on my way!

MV
Schlammlochbezwinger

Beitrag von MV » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 13:25

Hy Alexey,

zu 4: Frontera B hat an der Hinterachse keine Ölablasschraube.

- Panhardstab abschrauben
- Diff- Deckel abschrauben
- Öl raus
- Dichtung gibt es keine, Dichtungsmasse verwenden !
- Diff- Deckel anschrauben
- Öl einfüllen

Range-Rider
Überrollkäfigtester
Re: AW: Questions from Russian Fronti owners

Beitrag von Range-Rider » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 13:36

MV hat geschrieben:Hy Alexey,

- Öl raus
- Öl einfüllen
Hy Michael,

na da habe ich auch noch was gelernt, wußte ich nicht das das am B anders ist! hmm

Hier nochmal für unseren Freund auf Englisch:

concerning 4:
Frontera B does not have an oil reading off screw at the rear axle.
- Panhardstab unscrew
- Diff cover unscrew
- oil out
- seal does not give it, to sealant uses
- Diff cover screw on
- oil fill in

Ciao, MV & Sonny :wink:

P.S.
Wie übersetzt man Panhardstab?! hmm

Habe grad mal gegoogelt, sieht doch hübsch aus auf Russisch: :wink: hmm

относительно 4:
Frontera б не имеет чтение масла с винта на rear axle.
- Panhardstab вывинчивает
- крышка Diff вывинчивает
- масло вне
- уплотнение не дает его, к пользам sealant
- винт крышки Diff дальше
- масло заполняет внутри
Bild

But i'm on my way!

LesoPatam
Frischfleisch

Beitrag von LesoPatam » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 13:55

[Hi, Sonny!

Thank you very much for the quick response!
You know, I think I understand your native German much better than automatic translation of it. :) But it is very good linguistic exercise to compare two texts. I am not joking: I like German very much and try to learn it from time to time. ;)

1) I knew that Germany is very sensible country. :) So I will tell my friends not to tell bullshit anymore about repairing of your own car in German.
I asked it not only for fun. The problem is that Russians buy many second-hand cars from Germany. And everyone believes that Germans do not repair them by their own (only at official service-centers). That means they expect that every car from Germany must be assembled as its manufacturer did. It is useful to know that it might be right by there is no warranty for that.

2) I see. Probably the main problem is Russian diesel. And besides we own rather old cars, 5-15 years old. But petrol models here work better (and not only in winter). I liked an idea to buy Diesel Frontera because of better drive torque. But I was afraid it would be to expensive to repair it... And I guess I was right... There is no good fuel outside big cities in Russia... :(

3) Vow! OFF-road driving is prohibited almost everywhere? Why!? "Umwelt Hysterie"? Or most of places are privet property?
Oh, now I see how happy we are!! :) Russia is a real off-road country!
We have a joke: "Russians named by "road" the place where they are going to drive through."
Have you seen the Russian roads? Enjoy! ;)
http://community.livejournal.com/spb_au ... ad=2641139
These are real photos of the federal "Autobahn" to Chita in Siberia.
Certainly, it is not typical for roads near Moskow. But Chita is rather big city...

4) You are quite right, I meant differentials. The problem is that we can't find plug to drain out the worked out oil. There is hole with plug to fill in the differential with oil but no one to drain it out. Frontera A has drain holes with plugs, but Frontera B - no one. I know it for sure, I examined it well...
It is not to cold now in Moscow. Global warming effect... The last winter was soft, not colder than - 15 C.
But I have the Owner Manual, it says we must change oil in differentials in 30000 km of haul. I can make scan of it. It is in German. :)

Range-Rider
Überrollkäfigtester

Beitrag von Range-Rider » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 14:06

LesoPatam hat geschrieben:[Hi, Sonny!

Thank you very much for the quick response!
You know, I think I understand your native German much better than automatic translation of it. :) But it is very good linguistic exercise to compare two texts. I am not joking: I like German very much and try to learn it from time to time. ;)

1) I knew that Germany is very sensible country. :) So I will tell my friends not to tell bullshit anymore about repairing of your own car in German.
I asked it not only for fun. The problem is that Russians buy many second-hand cars from Germany. And everyone believes that Germans do not repair them by their own (only at official service-centers). That means they expect that every car from Germany must be assembled as its manufacturer did. It is useful to know that it might be right by there is no warranty for that.

2) I see. Probably the main problem is Russian diesel. And besides we own rather old cars, 5-15 years old. But petrol models here work better (and not only in winter). I liked an idea to buy Diesel Frontera because of better drive torque. But I was afraid it would be to expensive to repair it... And I guess I was right... There is no good fuel outside big cities in Russia... :(

3) Vow! OFF-road driving is prohibited almost everywhere? Why!? "Umwelt Hysterie"? Or most of places are privet property?
Oh, now I see how happy we are!! :) Russia is a real off-road country!
We have a joke: "Russians named by "road" the place where they are going to drive through."
Have you seen the Russian roads? Enjoy! ;)
http://community.livejournal.com/spb_au ... ad=2641139
These are real photos of the federal "Autobahn" to Chita in Siberia.
Certainly, it is not typical for roads near Moskow. But Chita is rather big city...

4) You are quite right, I meant differentials. The problem is that we can't find plug to drain out the worked out oil. There is hole with plug to fill in the differential with oil but no one to drain it out. Frontera A has drain holes with plugs, but Frontera B - no one. I know it for sure, I examined it well...
It is not to cold now in Moscow. Global warming effect... The last winter was soft, not colder than - 15 C.
But I have the Owner Manual, it says we must change oil in differentials in 30000 km of haul. I can make scan of it. It is in German. :)
Hallo Alexey!

Du hast recht mit dem was Du schreibst! Das man in Deutschhland nicht im Gelände fahren darf
liegt zum Großteil am Umweltschutz!
Was Dein Problem angeht, lies mal den Beitrag zwischendrin, da steht etwas von MV, etwas weiter unten von mir ins Englische übersetzt, das hilft Dir weiter!
Euer Land kenne ich leider nur aus dem Fernsehen und von russischen Freunden, ich muß mir
das irgendwann mal ansehen!

Ciao, Sonny

Hello Alexey!

You have quite with which you write! Which one into Deutschhland in the area to drive may not
lies to the majority at environmental protection! Which concerns your problem, read times the contribution between in it, since stands something of mV, somewhat further down of me into
English translated, helps you! Your country I know unfortunately only from the television and
from Russian friends, I must that sometime times regard!

Ciao, Sonny
Bild

But i'm on my way!

LesoPatam
Frischfleisch

Beitrag von LesoPatam » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 14:07

Frontera-Rider hat geschrieben:
MV hat geschrieben:Hy Alexey,

- Öl raus
- Öl einfüllen
Hy Michael,

na da habe ich auch noch was gelernt, wußte ich nicht das das am B anders ist! hmm

Hier nochmal für unseren Freund auf Englisch:

concerning 4:
Frontera B does not have an oil reading off screw at the rear axle.
- Panhardstab unscrew
- Diff cover unscrew
- oil out
- seal does not give it, to sealant uses
- Diff cover screw on
- oil fill in

Ciao, MV & Sonny :wink:

P.S.
Wie übersetzt man Panhardstab?! hmm

Habe grad mal gegoogelt, sieht doch hübsch aus auf Russisch: :wink: hmm

относительно 4:
Frontera б не имеет чтение масла с винта на rear axle.
- Panhardstab вывинчивает
- крышка Diff вывинчивает
- масло вне
- уплотнение не дает его, к пользам sealant
- винт крышки Diff дальше
- масло заполняет внутри
Guys, I got an idea, thanks!
Some do like this, but the lazy people (like me) use the bigest medical syringe (150 ml) with hose to pump off the oil through the upper hole. Very dirty work, but easier and faster! :)
Besides, my car (assembled 12/2001) doesn't have drain hole at front differential too. ;(

P.S. Panhardstab means the big long rusty iron stick. ;)

Range-Rider
Überrollkäfigtester

Beitrag von Range-Rider » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 14:13

LesoPatam hat geschrieben: Guys, I got an idea, thanks!
Some do like this, but the lazy people (like me) use the bigest medical syringe (150 ml) with hose to pump off the oil through the upper hole. Very dirty work, but easier and faster! :)
Besides, my car (assembled 12/2001) doesn't have drain hole at front differential too. ;(

P.S. Panhardstab means the big long rusty iron stick. ;)
The big long rusty iron stick!? hmm :funny: :freak:

Thus Alexey, you pleases me!
And surely to suck the oil off is in this case more simply and faster!
Until soon times,
Sonny

P.S.
Ich will nach Russland, ich will auch so eine Autobahn! :freak: :funny: respekt
(I want also so a motorway to Russia, I want!

Bild

Bild

Bild

Sonny
Bild

But i'm on my way!

LesoPatam
Frischfleisch

Beitrag von LesoPatam » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 15:14

P.S.

Sonny
Sonny, certainly welcome to Russia! We'll choose for you a couple of interesting "Autobahns". :)

I told my girlfriend that you liked Russian "roads". She said: "Yes, let him come and finally perform a real test of his offroader!" :funny:

Range-Rider
Überrollkäfigtester

Beitrag von Range-Rider » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 18:25

LesoPatam hat geschrieben:
P.S.

Sonny
Sonny, certainly welcome to Russia! We'll choose for you a couple of interesting "Autobahns". :)

I told my girlfriend that you liked Russian "roads". She said: "Yes, let him come and finally perform a real test of his offroader!" :funny:
Hy Alexey! :anim:

If it were only so simple! But ever after where you live are that at least 1500km, probably
even more! That would be however already mad, it becomes me then however no more
loosely! I hope we hear myself, we see myself better times! :wink:

Sonny

Vorschlag: Nächstes Forumstreffen 2008 in Russland! :funny: :lol2:
Bild

But i'm on my way!

LesoPatam
Frischfleisch

Beitrag von LesoPatam » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 21:04

Frontera-Rider hat geschrieben: Hy Alexey! :anim:

If it were only so simple! But ever after where you live are that at least 1500km, probably
even more! That would be however already mad, it becomes me then however no more

Sonny

Vorschlag: Nächstes Forumstreffen 2008 in Russland! :funny: :lol2:
Sonny, please, leave at least the German text! Nur automatish English verstehe ich nicht! All the words are known but I can't get any sense! :crazy:

Yes, it is rather far from Germany to my place, about 2500 km. You have to cross Poland (app. 1000 km), Belorussia (app. 700 km) and Russia (app. 800 km to Moscow).
But the good news is, that it not necessary to drive to Moscow (and moreover to Chita): there are a lot of off-road space near Pscow, the old russian town, not far from the border. Good area for "wild" tourism, fishing and so on. And there are very interesting places closer to Moscow (500 km from the boarder): Seliger and Valdai lakes. Fishing, sightseeing, off-road everywhere you want. :) Russia is big!
Some photos from my last visit to Seliger lakes (no off-road competition, just sightseeing):
http://foto.mail.ru/mail/patam/2/

I will be glad to help if you decide to visit Russia. It would be very nice event! :D

eumel
Administrator

Beitrag von eumel » Donnerstag 5. April 2007, 23:08

Moin,
Vorschlag: Nächstes Forumstreffen 2008 in Russland!
Bin ich dabei :funny:

Gruß , auch nach Russland,

Ch.
\\"Strassen...? Wo wir hinfahren brauchen wir keine Strassen!\\"

Range-Rider
Überrollkäfigtester

Beitrag von Range-Rider » Freitag 6. April 2007, 10:47

eumel hat geschrieben:Moin,
Vorschlag: Nächstes Forumstreffen 2008 in Russland!
Bin ich dabei :funny:

Gruß , auch nach Russland,

Ch.
Also Eumel,

ich denke wir werden das Thema Ende 2007/Anfang 2008 nochmal aufgreifen! :funny:
Aber da brauchen wir schonmal mind. 14Tage frei!

Sonny

Frontera-Rider hat geschrieben: Hy Alexey! :anim:

Sonny
Hy Alexey! :anim:

Wenn es nur so einfach wäre! Je nachdem wo Du wohnst sind das mindestens 1500km,
wahrscheinlich sogar mehr! Und wenn es mir dann gefällt wirst Du mich vielleicht garnicht
mehr los!
Ich hoffe wir hören uns, besser noch wir sehen uns! :wink:

Sonny

LesoPatam hat geschrieben:Sonny, please, leave at least the German text! Nur automatish English verstehe ich nicht! All the words are known but I can't get any sense! :crazy:

Yes, it is rather far from Germany to my place, about 2500 km. You have to cross Poland (app. 1000 km), Belorussia (app. 700 km) and Russia (app. 800 km to Moscow).
But the good news is, that it not necessary to drive to Moscow (and moreover to Chita): there are a lot of off-road space near Pscow, the old russian town, not far from the border. Good area for "wild" tourism, fishing and so on. And there are very interesting places closer to Moscow (500 km from the boarder): Seliger and Valdai lakes. Fishing, sightseeing, off-road everywhere you want. :) Russia is big!
Some photos from my last visit to Seliger lakes (no off-road competition, just sightseeing):
http://foto.mail.ru/mail/patam/2/

I will be glad to help if you decide to visit Russia. It would be very nice event! :D
Hallo Alexey!

Wilder Tourismus, :) das hört sich gut an! Seen, Angeln & Offroad, eine gute Kombination!
Russland ist bestimmt ein Land mit vielen Möglichkeiten und Sehenswürdigkeiten!
Wenn ich oder wir uns mal entschließen nach Russland zu fahren werde ich auf jeden Fall auf
dein Angebot zurückkommen! :) Es würde bestimmt unvergesslich sein!
Natürlich ist das auch eine Zeitfrage, eine Geldfrage ebenso!

Bis dahin,
Sonny

Hello Alexey!

Savage tourism, :) that sounds itself well! Lakes, fishing rods & Offroad, a good combination!
Russia is determines a country with many possibilities and objects of interest!
If I or we us times decide to Russia to drive I in any case to your offer will return! :) It to be
certainly unforgettable! Naturally also a matter of time is, a question of money likewise!

Up to then,
Sonny
Bild

But i'm on my way!

LesoPatam
Frischfleisch

Beitrag von LesoPatam » Freitag 6. April 2007, 12:01

Frontera-Rider hat geschrieben:Hallo Alexey!

Wilder Tourismus, :) das hört sich gut an! Seen, Angeln & Offroad, eine gute Kombination!
Russland ist bestimmt ein Land mit vielen Möglichkeiten und Sehenswürdigkeiten!
Wenn ich oder wir uns mal entschließen nach Russland zu fahren werde ich auf jeden Fall auf
dein Angebot zurückkommen! :) Es würde bestimmt unvergesslich sein!
Natürlich ist das auch eine Zeitfrage, eine Geldfrage ebenso!

Bis dahin,
Sonny

[/color]
Hi, Sonny!

It would be really nice if you decide to spend holidays in Russia! Our country is really good for tourists who are looking for independent "active resting". Maybe you won't find being here comfortable (or comfortable for the reasonable price), but quite unusual and interesting. So, feel free to ask me if you will need any help with your trip to Russia! :)

I understand that a trip like this costs money and demands time. In order to shorten them you and your friends can come to Russia by plane and rent a 4x4 car here (NIVA, http://foto.mail.ru/mail/patam/2/84.html). I did so, it was a good solution when I didn't have my Fronti. App. EURO20 per day and you have your own off-roader! Certainly, you will have to be careful with the car and by petrol for it but it is the same with your own one.

So, take this way into consideration when discussing Forumstreffen 2008!

Bis bald,
Alexey

Levente Bako
Frischfleisch

Beitrag von Levente Bako » Mittwoch 25. April 2007, 09:41

Hi,

I am from Hungary and my brother has an Opel Frontera 2,3 turbo diesel made in 1994.
We need a "double weight flywheel" for diesel motor. It is important that we need it for diesel motor.

My German speaking is really poor and can not check the german webpages.

Could you give me the e-mail address, post address, tel number of a retailer from who I can buy it near Wien or in Frankfurt AM?
What is its item number of this autopart? It would be a great help in my search.

Thanks for your help in advance

Please, answer to my private e-mail address: vipmail108@vipmail.hu

Kind regards

Levente

Antworten